May 2017. We began our trip in Ft Worth and proceeded to stop and enjoy the many sights along the way — ranging from the Ridiculous to the Sublime. Come along and enjoy the ride!
- Amarillo: Drove along old Route 66, visited the Cadillac Graveyard on IH-10, and of course ate a disgustingly huge steak at the historic Big Texan Steak House.
- Palo Duro Canyon State Park:
- Hermleigh: Three fabulous days with long-time friends. It’s about time!!!!
- Marathon: A wonderful stay at the historic Gage Hotel.
- Stillwell Store and Hallie Stillwell Museum to say a ‘Final Goodbye’ to a dear friend.
- Boquillas, Old Mexico: A short row across the Rio Grande, a donkey ride, and a plate of homemade tamales….YUMMMM!!!
- Terlingua & Lajitas…the end of nowhere:
- Marfa: without the lights……
- Old Fort Davis & McDonald Observatory
- Carlsbad Caverns & McKittrick Canyon
- Artesia: A beautiful little town with exquisite bronze statues celebrating its historical past.
- White Sands National Monument
- The National Radio Observatory: Very Large Array
- Truth or Consequences: Our room had it’s very own hot spa.
- Jamez Springs: Stayed in the beautiful small boutique hotel, Canon del Rio.
- Sante Fe
- Georgia O’Keeffe’s Home
- Taos & Surrounding Mountains
- We depart this wonderful trip from our dear friend’s house in Sante Fe. May we be blessed to visit many, many more times.